Create a password that is easy to remember but difficult for anyone else to guess.
The best passwords:
- Are easy to remember, so they do not have to be written down.
- Are not a dictionary-searchable word in any language.
- Do not use proper names, such as Washington, Harry, Purdue, etc.
- Do not use personal information, such as your phone number, street address, pet`s names, etc.
Additional suggestions that can make your password even better:
- At least seven characters in length
- Contain characters from at least three of the following four categories:
- Capital letters ("A" through "Z")
- Lowercase letters ("a" through "z");
- Numbers ("0" through "9")
- Nonalphanumeric characters (examples: !, $, #, %)
- Do not contain all or part of the user`s account name